Do you want to promote education for sustainable living in your community and awaken children’s curiosity in nature through books? If you can provide an adult volunteer library manager to implement our Eco-Activities and report to us regularly with feedback on Facebook, you are eligible to apply.
1. GET READY: Before you apply, ask the readers to draw their favorite Indonesian endangered species in its natural habitat and prepare at least 4 photographs of: 1) the Eco-Library manager, 2) a group of at least 15 children readers showing their drawings of endangered species, 3) closeup of the best drawings and 4) secure space dedicated for keeping the books.
2. FILL IN THE FORM BELOW, UPLOAD PHOTOS AND SUBMIT APPLICATION: Give us the most appropriate answers and best quality photos you can. Your application will go through a screening process and we will contact you for an additional interview.
3. WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR “GREEN BOOKS”: Once your application is approved, we will post the project to our social media to attract public donors. To speed up the funding process encourage everyone you know to donate. The donation will be used by green-books.org to process, source and ship the set of environmental books selected to match the age of readers and environmental issues in your location.
4. IMPLEMENT ECO-ACTIVITIES: Next, promote eco-literacy – the education for sustainable living – by implementing our Eco-Activities in your Eco-Library. Gain access to forum for Eco-Library managers on Facebook and get guidelines for new Eco-Activities.
5. FEEDBACK ECO-ACTIVITIES : Report to us with feedback regularly so we can arrange the next set of books and other incentives.
Please note that the books in the Eco-Libraries will always be in the ownership of green-books.org and can be reclaimed and replaced to other location if you don’t implement and report Eco-Activities regularly.
To apply, upload/send the photographs and provide us with the following information: